This branch of Hood Distribution has been in operation, in one form or another, since 1855.
Originally called the Geo. McQuesten Company and located at the docks of East Boston, workers unloaded timber-laden schooners by hand and horses dragged these timbers to their destination.
One hundred years later, in 1955, the company purchased property and moved its operations about 20 miles northwest to North Billerica, MA. This allowed the company to take advantage of an adjacent railway siding.
Fast-forward to 1998: Hood Industries acquired the Geo. McQuesten Company and since then we have been operating as Hood Distribution-McQuesten Group.
Since our beginnings at the East Boston docks, our business has grown through building trust and long-lasting relationships with the independent local retail lumberyards that we continue to serve today.
We strive to offer the highest quality building materials on time in an ever-changing market.