Simply a Better Window and Door Header
- 5-1/2” width for 2"×6" construction
- Available depths 9-1/4” & 11-1/4”
- Value engineered for commercial jobs.
- Custom depths available.
- Full Thermal Break (Foam Core Construction) – R-value of 20
- Right size every time. No cupping, twisting or bowing. Fewer callbacks for drywall problems.
- Available in lengths up to 24’ (precision end trim offered)
- Bonded with exterior structural adhesive.
- One-piece express installation.
Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL)
Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) products are structural members produced by laminating wood veneers of approx 1/10″ thickness together with exterior adhesive.
All veneers are orientated with the grain parallel to the long dimension of the member.
LVL is commonly produced in 1¾″ thickness, then two or three of these are held together using mechanical fasteners to create structural beams and headers.
We stock Masterplank 2.0E LVL from MetsäWood in a 1¾″ width x 5½″, 7¼″, 9¼″, 9½″, 11¼″, 11⅞″, 14″, 16″, 18″, 20″, and 24″ depths up to 48′ in length.
Engineered wood connectors are designed to strengthen connections in engineered wood applications. These metal (steel) connectors attach engineered wood members to other members to provide overall support to any structural system.
We have an extensive line of steel hangers from Simpson Strong-Tie Co. for connecting LVL’s and I-Joists to each other or to other supports.
Lock-Deck Laminated Wood Decking
Lock-Deck Laminated Wood Decking is a structural heavy timber roof decking from Disdero Lumber Co. It is produced by face gluing laminations of KD lumber and offsetting the center ply to form a tongue and groove.
Lock-Decka strong, dimensionally stable decking with all the beauty and warmth of natural wood.
The Product is end-matched as well as edge matched with a smooth or textured face, v-joint or square edges, and can be factory prefinished.
Lock-Deck’s decking is used for ceilings and roofs, as well as for balconies, mezzanines, and floors.
We stock Lock-Deck nominal 3×6 (2 3/16″ x 5 1/4″ actual) Douglas Fir/Larch, Decorative Grade, smooth face, EV1S, CM, EM, R/L.
Lock-Deck is usually sold in random lengths 6′ to 16′ but can be supplied in specified tallies and by using structural end joints can be obtained up to 32′ in length.
Power Joists from Anthony Forest Products are engineered for longer spans, superior performance and quieter floors.
I-Joists consist of 2″ to 3 1/2″ wide solid sawn or engineered wood top and bottom flanges connected by a structural OSB web.
- ADI 40 (2 1/2″ wide solid flange) (PRI40) 9 1/2″ & 11 7/8″ (14″, 16″)
- ADI 60 (2 1/2″ wide solid flange) (PRI60) 9 1/2″ & 11 7/8″ (14″ & 16″ by special order)
- ADI 80 (3 1/2″ wide solid flange) (PRI80) 11 7/8″, 14″, 16″ (18″, 20″, 22″ & 24″ by special order)
- ADI 90 (3 1/2″ wide solid flange) (PRI90) 11 7/8″, 14″, 16″ (18″, 20″, 22″ & 24″ by special order)
Lengths to 52′ are available.
Glued Laminated Structural Timbers (Glulam)
Architectural Appearance Grade Southern Pine glulam from Anthony Forest Products.
Glulam is made from horizontally laminating nominal 2″ lumber with a waterproof adhesive.
The highest grades of lumber are placed into the upper and lower laminations where tension and compression requirements are the greatest. Lower grade material is used in the middle of the beam where stress requirements are less.
We stock an Architectural Appearance Grade Southern Pine Glulam from Anthony Forest Products. The Architectural grade is the most commonly used grade for exposed beam applications and each beam is individually wrapped.
3 1/8″ width by 5 1/2″, 8 1/4″, 9 5/8″ & 12 3/8″ depths
5 1/8″ width by 9 5/8″, 11″, 12 3/8″, 13 3/4″, 15 1/8″, 16 1/8″ & 17 7/8″
All available in lengths up to 48′.
We can special order depths up to 28 7/8″ in 3 1/8″, 5 1/8″, 6 3/4″, & 8 3/4″ widths in Industrial, Architectural, or Premium Appearance grade.
Douglas Fir glulams in widths up to 12 1/4″ and depths up to 58 1/2″ in any grade can also be special ordered.
Pressure Treated Glulam Beams & Columns
Power Preserved Glulam from Anthony Forest Products is an industrial grade Southern Pine Glulam product that is pressure treated with Hoover Cop-Guard® (Copper Naphthenate) preservative.
Beams are treated for above ground use and columns have a ground contact retention.
Cop-Guard® treatment is effective against mildew, mold, decay organisms and various termites, including the Formosan Termite.
With a 25-year warranty from the Hoover, high strength-to-weight ratio, and long span capabilities, Power Preserved Glulam® is an excellent choice for decks, boardwalks, pergolas, covered porches and demanding environments such as bridges, highway sound barriers, railroad cross ties, and floating docks.
- 3 1/2″ x 9 1/2″, 11 7/8″ & 14″ to 48′
- 5 1/4″ x 9 1/2″, 11 7/8″, 14″ & 16″ to 48′
- Columns 5 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ & 6 3/4″ x 6 7/8″ to 48′
Anthony Power Column
Power Column from Anthony Forest Products is a Southern Pine structural glued laminated timber manufactured in accordance with ANSI A190.1 using Combination 50 layup combinations recognized in the 2005 National Design Specifications (NDS) Supplement, Glulam Design Properties and Layup, APA Form Y117, and AITC 117.
Power Column is used primarily as columns, but can also be used as beams, headers, rafters, or purlins, and is manufactured in nominal widths and depths of 4” through 12” inches, and lengths up to 24’.
- 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ x 8′,10′,12′,16′,18′ and 20′
- 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ x 8′,10′,12′,16′ and 20′
- 3-1/2″ x 7″ x 8′,10′,12′,16′ and 20′
- 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ x 8′,10′,12′,16′,18′ and 20′
- 5-1/2″ x 7″ x 8′,10′,12′,16′ and 20′
- 7″ x 7″ (6-3/4″x 6-7/8″ Actual) x 8′,10′,12′,16′ and 20′